Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Easter: Matchy-Matchy

I saw this beautiful Nanette Lapore cotton linen on Mood Fabrics. I had to have it. But all that was left was 2 yards. I first wanted to make a shift dress oout of it, but thought it wouldn't look good. Then I wanted to do a maxi, but I didn't have enough fabric. Some how I managed a circle skirt out of this, with enough to do a bodice for Baby Cake's dress and the skirt of Love Bug's dress. I don't know how I pulled this off, but I did - and I am so happy that I was able to make all of our Easter Sunday Best and be able to match.
For my circle skirt, I only have one seam. Circle skirts are very easy to make, and very flattering on all body types. My sweater is vintage. 

Lil' Miss's dress is a simple cut bodice, pull over the head. The skirt is red eyelet, gathered. the lining is pink with itty bitty white polka dots. I used bias tape at the neckline and arm holes.

Love Bug's dress is a gathered skirt and two layers of eyelet, front and back, and tie straps for easy on and off. Cause, when it comes to babies - we want easy. 

Isn't this just a beautiful print? I love Nanette Lapore's fashions. She is so colorful, and that is more my style. 

Happy Easter, my friends!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Lovely fashion you made for you and your darling girls! Very nice family portrait, too.