Monday, February 16, 2015

Me Made Monday: LBFD

Happy Monday to you all! I hope your Valentine's weekend was pleasant, and those celebrating their day off work/school are enjoying themselves. Today, I bring you one of the very first dresses I ever made. My Little Black Floral Dress. I made it based off the pattern size instead of my own measurements. This dress is 4 years old! Can you believe that? It didn't fit me four years ago, but it fits me now. I'll wear it while I can. I really love this dress and am so proud of myself for making it this well back then. 



The scalloped neckline is one of my favorite details to this dress, besides the soft floral fabric.


I used New Look pattern 6002. It's out of print, but, I think they have some still available. I added the lace detail at the belt area. I love it! I'm so glad I did that. I adore this pattern. The bust gathering is flattering. I remember thinking this pattern was easy to follow, and only ran into issues with flange fit. Other than that, I feel feminine in this dress. And I feel proud. Proud of my accomplishments. 

2 comments:

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

You should totally be proud, that dress is a stunner!

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

This is REALLY pretty Bethany. You are a knockout in it! And those shoes are too cool! I like how the scallops of the shoes match the dress.