Monday, October 6, 2014

Past Halloween

For the past 4 years, I've made Lil' Miss's costume(that's including this year and excluding the year she was 7 mos old). 

M.E.'s first Halloween, she was a skeleton. Costume was purchased at Old Navy.

We were a skeleton family.

When M.E. was 19 mos old, she went as Foofa, from Yo Gabba Gabba. I made her costume, and was so proud, and completely forgot to get mice pictures done. Parent fail. 

I went as a Day of the Dead Calaca Senorita, and made my own trumpet skirt.
Yep, I posed in a graveyard......

When M.E. was 31 mos old, she went as Tinkerbell. I had such trouble making this costume. I wanted it to look as close to the real Tinkerbell as possible, and came up with my own pattern. I really struggled, but it came through in the end. Again, no pro pictures were taken. Twice in a row, I had failed.

Last year, M.E. went as Cinderella. I made this costume, and drafted the straps and side bustles myself. She loved it.

This year M.E. wants to be "Coronation Day" Anna, and wants Lil' Miss #2 to be "Ice Queen" Elsa
This will be an interesting adventure. But, I'll be able to tackle it the best I can. Since "Elsa" will only be 3 mos old, I will be avoiding and sparkly fabric. And this "Anna Coronation" dress is so hard to replicate, when it comes to the skirt. 

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

You don't have to make the pleats you could just do a full skirt in green and then a blue bodice on top. You might need to paint the fabric though to get the pretty accents.

Elise said...

Or sew/iron on ribbon in stripes down the skirt fabric?

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

I know I've said it before, but ME is so lucky to have you for a mom. You've made her the coolest stuff!!! And I really really love your day of the dead look! Way cool.

Kimberly Bonham said...

You are so talented!!