Monday, October 13, 2014

Let's Talk About Stripes, Baby

I was finally at a point where I was ready to place an order with Girl Charlee. They have so many amazing fabrics, it was so hard to make my decisions. But, I needed a vision for each fabric before I placed my order. I came across this mustard stripped knit fabric, and knew I needed a top made from it. I used the same pattern I used on my Abstract Sweater.


I continue to forget that I am not the size I once was, when I begin cutting my fabric. I keep forgetting to take in account my thicker waistline, my tummy pudge, and my thicker arms. I just have my pre-second baby weight measurements memorized. I also keep avoiding taking current measurements. 


Because of this, the top doesn't fit as comfortably as  would like it to. It actually makes me a little self conscience about my middle area. I guess this just means I have to work really hard if I want to wear any of my clothes again and feel comfortable.


I am really in love with this top and its fabric. I paired it with Old Navy boyfriend jeans, Old Navy belt, a Modcloth necklace, and the sandals were a gift. 


Stripes are my favorite. 


4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Love your top! You look very well!!

Madalynne said...

I think you look great! I don't see any baby weight, just a beautiful woman.

robinsnc said...

I wouldn't have noticed except that I bought that mustard stripe last year and I'm VERY familiar with what you're saying. I made a Renfrew shirt, using the same sizing as a previous make with fabric with more stretch. Those stripes did not stretch as much as I needed them to! Your top is cute and I think it looks good in these photos.

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

Beautiful lady, fabric, and top!