There was a jumpsuit, on ebay, that I really liked - but didn't want to buy it knowing I could make it. In order to do that, I had to Frankenstein two patterns together, which I like to call Pattern-stein.
For this specific pattern-stein, I collaborated a children's harem pants pattern, by Burda, with a McCall's women's dress pattern. I have used the pants pattern before, on Lil' Miss, here.
We went to the Simi Valley Days Fair. I'm gonna be honest. I really don't like the fair. The rides terrify me, like they are going to fall apart. The food, well, I can't even eat it so that doesn't matter. Everything just seems grimy. But, Lil' Miss wanted to go and ride the Ferris wheel. And I figured I could get some colorful pictures. $30 later, two birds with one stone.
One thing you can count on in Simi Valley, is that there will always be a breeze. ALWAYS. An unnecessary breeze. My hair is always in my face.
I was trying to hide my extra baby weight with this suit, but maybe it actually makes me look wider. Lame. Oh, well, it's comfy. And I made exactly what I wanted.
- Knight Hoodie + Bimaa Sweater by Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy Crafts
- Alleycat Daydream Dress by Call Ajaire
- Rainbow Princess Dress by Rae Gun Ramblings
- Ash Jumpsuit + Vintage Style Flutter Sleeve by Amanda Rose
- Burda Harem Pants + McCalls Dress by Lil Bit and Nan
- Sugar Plum Princess Dress + Poppy Dress by Bee Quilted Beauties
- Dress #13 + Pants #2 by Sprouting Julie Julie
- Katie Fancy Pant + Field Research Pant by Scientific Seamstress
- Jumpsuit Mashup by Sew Like My Mom
- Lullaby Line Body Suit + Grand Slam Tee by Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop