Monday, September 8, 2014

Coral Refashion and Baby's Debut

I bought a dress from Old Navy, recently. It was on clearance for $15. It had an asymmetrical closing top, perfect for breastfeeding. Except, the style of dress was not my favorite. It needed a makeover. 

don't mind the clutter....

As you can see, this dress was maxi length, which I have enough of, and it lacked sleeves, which I need. The dress also had a side slit(not a fan) and the asymmetrical closing was very open. I will do anything in my power to keep from layering. I cannot stand layering. 

So what I did was cut the dress where the slit starts, took the remnants to make a flange sleeve, and stitched a plastic snap to keep the top closed, but am able to snap open for feedings.


Now, you can see that this dress became more convenient for me.


These pictures are as good as they are going to get. We were in a rush this morning, the lighting outside is terrible, the background is terrible, and it's harder to find nice places to take pictures when a newborn needs you constantly.

 
This is Magnolia Ann. If you follow me on instagram, you would notice that I post pictures of her quite often. She is my world, and I am hers.

1 comment: