Friday, August 29, 2014

Sewing Blog Hop - Muumuu Re-fashion

Andrea, from Andrea's Notebook, is hosting a sewing blog hop. This months hop is refashion. I chose my muumuu. read on.

While I was at my biggest in my pregnancy, I decided to hunt down a muumuu, to be comfortable. I found one while in a local thrift shop. And, let me tell you, during the hot month of June, 8 months pregnant, it was very comfortable to wear. 

Well, I'm not pregnant anymore(I'll post about baby later). But I love this muumuu. Obviously I was planning on refashioning it. I was able to make two garments out of it. I only have one of them to share today. 

So what I did is just cut it at the knee, and made a knee length dress out of it. Easy peasy. The other garment I made with the rest of the length are culottes, but I need to fix the waist. 



This dress is still comfy, especially since the months are still hot.


I like how it still flares at the bottom. I kept the integrity of the shape. I'm glad I did.


The tulip sleeves are super cute too.

Refashion blog hop
  1. Vintage pillowcase upcycle by Sew Country Chick
  2. Large tee to adorable dress by Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop
  3. Rit Dye upcycle by While Camden Sleeps
  4. 15 minute tank upcycle by Raegun Ramblings
  5. Men's shirt refashion by Made with Moxie
  6. Women's tank & tee to girl's tunic & leggings refashion by Andrea's Notebook
  7. 15 minute tee into bike shorts by Sew Like My Mom
  8. Fringe cardigan upcycle by Rebel and Malice
  9. Mu-muu refashion by Lil' Bit & Nan by Bethany

No comments: