Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Desert Rose Dress by Caila Murphy for Caila Made

Recently, I was selected to test a pattern for Caila Murphy, of Caila Made. Caila and I met a year ago at Fabric Weekend 2013. She is just great, and so talented. I loved getting to know her. She created a dress/tunic pattern for girls, called the Desert Rose. It is so cute! When Caila asked for pattern testers, I jumped on it right away. I am so glad she picked me to test and review. 

I made two versions of the dress. One version is a solid bodice front with a ruffle and button decoration. The other version is the two piece bodice front, without a ruffle, and a functioning button. 

My first version was a practice version for fit purposes, since my daughter is thin and long. I am always having to readjust patterns to fit her. So, I didn't follow the instructions completely - more like a mock up.



For the second version, I followed the instructions, and it turned out great! I love this dress, I love the fabric I used, and I love the little girl that I made this dress for.



I totally recommend this adorable pattern. There are so many options to do with this pattern to make it versatile. I found the instructions to be easy to follow and was able to whip up my second version real quick.
You can find the release here
and you can purchase the pattern here 

I plan on making my little one a tunic next, and I plan on making my new little one a baby desert rose dress.

Congratulations Caila, on your first pattern release!

3 comments:

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

So much beauty in these photos! ME is so cute!!!!! And you did such a great job with the photos. I (obviously) don't have a kid, but this pattern would be so great to sew up for my friends that do have kids. I'm going to check it out!

Caila said...

Oh I just love these dresses and this post, Bethany! I was so honored to have you as a tester. Thank you for sharing!

Shelly said...

Great children's pattern, and, of course, you have a beautiful model!