Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Desert Lime Maternity Dress

I had this dress all finished and ready to wear to meet up with the local CA sewists in L.A., one in particular being Erin, author and seamstress for Miss Crayola Creepy. If you don't know her, you should. I love her! Genuine, classy, generous, down to Earth, and gorgeous are just a few words to describe how amazing she is.

I wanted to have a dress to wear to this gathering, and I needed it to fit, be loose, light weight, and comfy for my ever growing baby belly. I remembered I had some lime rayon I ordered from Fabric.com last Summer. and I had left over Southwestern print rayon from the Vera Aveline dress I made recently. I decided to pair the two, and also Frankenstein a couple patterns together to make it work for me. I had a maternity pattern that Sabra, of Sew a Straight Line, had sent me. I used the dress part, but instead of gathering it, I did a pleat detail in the center front and back. And I also had a pattern by Simplicity 1620, I only used the shoulder yoke of that so I wouldn't have to use a zipper or feel restricted. I am so pleased with this dress, and I look forward to even wearing it postpartum.



I am now 35 weeks. I am tired. I have had a false labor trip to the hospital already, and I hope it doesn't happen again, until it's for real. I still have things I want to sew, but we will see if anything gets finished. I also have a dress I finished, weeks ago, that I haven't even done pictures in yet. Sheesh. I'm behind. Oh well. 


3 comments:

Madalynne said...

Looking good mama!

Meg the Grand said...

I love the fabrics you used for this! You look fabulous :)

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

You are so beautiful inside and out! I LOVED your dress! XOXO