Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sew For Victory: Maternity Pinafore

I FINALLY finished my Sew For Victory sew along, hosted by Rochelle of Lucky Lucille. Sad thing is, it is such an easy pattern, I didn't even need the instructions. You think I would have finished it sooner, but no. I took my sweet pregnant self time. 


This is the 1940's Simplicity Pattern I used. I couldn't decide between the fabrics, but I ended up with the lightweight floral. The gingham was just too heavy for this heat wave we are having. 


This pinafore is comfortable, but no matter what I put on, I am uncomfortable. However, I know it will come in handy as it gets hotter, and post pregnancy.


I love how the ruffles go from the front to back.


And this vintage fabric is just gorgeous! Not to mention, so soft. 

 And pockets!!! My favorite!!!


We did the photos in front of our front door, because it was way too sunny everywhere else. Lil' Miss took this last photo. For a 4 year old, I think she did a great job! 

2 comments:

Nicole from PudgeAndNico.com said...

I adore this dress, just like your Gunne Sax inspired one recently. Perfect pregnancy style!

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

You look sooooo pretty! The dress is pretty cute too! ;)