Monday, April 7, 2014

Maternity, Nursing, and Post Pregnancy Dress

I knew I wanted to make a dress that I could wear as I grow, as I attempt to nurse, and even well after my bundle of joy arrives. I had this pattern, McCall's 6744, for some time now, but just wasn't sure what I wanted from it. I also bought this fabric some time ago from Fabric.com, from the Abstract Knit section. I instantly fell in love with it the moment I saw it. It has an art deco feel, but I didn't want to make an art deco style dress out of stretch knit. It needed to flow and sway. This pattern and fabric are a great marriage for what I am in need of.


I made this dress in two hours! I haven't been able to accomplish that since Lil' Miss stopped napping (worst ever). It's only because I went to visit my Mom, brought some sewing stuff with me, she entertained the Lil' Miss, and I whipped this beauty up. Goes to show how easy this pattern is, and what a little bit of uninterrupted  free time can do for you.  


I'm 25 weeks along, now. The growing body aches for comfy clothing. This dress is super comfy, breathable, and rocks the geometric trend. The pattern isn't even a maternity pattern, so I know I'll be able to wear it long after baby #2 arrives. 


Also, I love that I finally live in a house with white walls and enough natural light. Makes my heart sing! 

2 comments:

Madalynne said...

I used to hate white walls... that was before I got into photography. Now, I want white everywhere. The light bounces beautifully and makes for a great image. Love the dress!

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous dress & you look great! Well done on getting some sewing done!