Monday, April 28, 2014

Lil' Cowgirl

You know, lately Lil' Miss has been asking for me to make her more dresses, which I should, but she has SO MANY dresses already. I made this particular one last Fall, but she hasn't wanted to wear it until now. She had this thing against pockets for some reason. Kids, I tell ya. It also doesn't help that she refuses to take pictures lately. So, I have to think of ways to bribe her.

I made her a simple bodice top, attached to a basket waist skirt.

She loves this fabric as much as I do. She loves the cowboy/Indian print, and especially loves her moccasin style boots. She tells me she is Tiger Lily, the Neverland Indian princess. I love her imagination.

We got the balloons from a friends birthday party. Made for a great prop to keep Lil' Miss interested.

Flying away! This dress was super easy to draft, based off of measurements, and easy to construct. It went by quickly and well. I trimmed the arm holes with a aqua rick-rack.

I cut out a cowboy and placed him on each pocket, and trimmed the pockets with rick-rack as well. 

We found this fabric at JoAnn's. It's just adorable. Like a vintage reprint. 

1 comment:

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

OMG! Officially the cutest dress for a little girl that I have seen. ME is so lucky to have you for a mom, she's probably the best dressed girl in town! xo