Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Sew Weekly Reunion: Pantone Challenge

First of all, hello! Sorry I have been away. Now that M.E. is in preschool, I get a few hours to myself 3 days a week, so you will see me more often, hopefully. Second, I am so happy that The Sew Weekly Reunion has began. I have missed being a part of the Sew Weekly. It challenged me, it stressed me, it excited me, and opened my mind to new things, but I especially missed my sewing comrades. What's great is that I don't have to sew a challenge every week, now it's every month! Thank you! I am running out of room in my closet - and naps in our home are non existent now. This months challenge is Pantone Fall 2013.

The Zeigfeld Shift
The Facts
Fabric: Spandex Lycra $2.50
Notions: Thread
Pantone Challenge colors: Linden Green, Samba, Turbulence, Deep Lichen Green
Pattern: Simplicity 2054 $0.99
Simplicity Creative Group - Misses’ Dresses. Cynthia Rowley Collection
Year: 2011
Time to complete: 1 year.....I'll explain below
First worn: Monday, 8/19/13
Wear again? It's for sale in my shop
Total Cost: $3.49
I fell in love with this abstract print fabric when I stumbled upon it at the Michael Levine Loft in Downtown L.A. a year ago. I started working on a dress with it, and planned on finishing it last Fall, but never did. When I saw it was a Pantone challenge, I noticed this fabric had a lot of the Pantone Fall colors in it. 
Belt: Forever 21 (old), Shoes: Charlotte Russe (old)
I know I normally do vintage patterns and woven fabrics, but lately I have been experimenting with more modern patterns and stretch fabrics - trying to make myself more versatile and gain more experience.
It was fairly easy to make on my own. I didn't even use the pattern instructions. I've decided to sell it, because I have way too many clothes - and plan on selling the ones that I actually took the time to sew properly.
I am so happy to be with you all again!
Love, Bethany

No comments: