Monday, July 29, 2013

Nordic Teal

I had a moment of impulse the other night. Out of that impulse, I made this top - self drafted. I used some left over Nordic abstract print, form a previous project I plan on posting this week. The fabric came from Fabric.com. I tried to order more later, but it was all gone. Major bummer. I had a lot of left over teal rayon from my slouch pants. I decided the pants needed a top. I love matching sets lately. Weird, I know. I'm sure I dress like a toddler and a grandma all at once. A hip grandma.....

Don't mind the crease. I am seriously the worst at ironing. The worst. I loved pairing the teal and the Nordic blocking together, with a slight sweetheart. I'm pretty satisfied for drafting this all myself. 

Back view. this is the first time I've done a blocking piece.

I also gave this a slight mullet hem. 

I especially like wearing it with my teal pants. Can you believe I bought this teal rayon fabric at Walmart? I got lucky! The pants are from Simplicity pattern, 1887.

I pretty much want to wear this outfit everywhere.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

That looks so stylish and comfy all at the same time. I am very impressed.

Madalynne said...

A mullet hem! I haven't heard of that before. I love that terminology and I'm adding it to my repertoire.

Elisha said...

Nothing wrong with dressing like a toddler OR a gramma-- I love that!

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

The perfect teal!

Nettie said...

What an amazing outfit!!! Love it!!

Pawanjit Kaur said...

nice
Fashion Photographer

Justine/ Sew Country Chick said...

I love this outfit on you.Bethany!

Jenya @ While she was sleeping said...

I thought I was the worst at ironing :P What a great effort at drafting a pattern :) Love the sweetheart neckline.