Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day Date: Pasadena Museum of History - I Do collection

Last weekend, Husband and I drove down to Pasadena to see the I Do collection at the Pasadena Museum of History. Husband is a good man for suggesting this exhibit to me and wanting to go with me. He is seriously so supportive of my passions. Here are some of the gowns we saw, dating from 1900 to 1950.


1890 to 1918



















Chantilly Lace train on Silk.

1920's to 1950





Mint Green! So lovely. Modest, flattering, and beautiful.

The beautiful bride in her mint green gown.

The back

Close up.

This gown is very similar to the original gown I wanted and was unable to get.

Another beautifully modest and flattering gown.


A gorgeous wool Honeymoon Suit set



The bride who wore the silk gown above



The majority of these gowns were handmade, from silk, lace, cotton, or tulle. The pearls are real and the beads were imported. Nothing contained polyester until after the 1950's. Hopefully we will be attending I Do part II in a couple weeks!


2 comments:

Madalynne said...

this looks like it was a great exhibit! It's interesting to see how much wedding gowns have changed.

Another Sewing Scientist said...

Wow, these are all gorgeous. I was going to comment on my favourite, but I can't pick...although that bias cut mint green gown is a work of art.

When my MIL passed away, I found her wedding dress packed away in a storage closet and brought it home. I should really do a blog post about it, because the construction in quite interesting.