Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Polka Dots via Michael Levine



Out of all the yardage I bought of the coral polka dot fabric, so far I've made these shorts using a vintage pattern from the 1950's. I seriously love using vintage patterns. They fit my figure the best. Thank you Michael Levine for having this gorgeous fabric fall into my lap. I recommend carrying more of this, maybe in multiple color choices. I bought this fabric during Fabric Weekend 2013 in Downtown L.A., and surprisingly, this was the only fabric I bought from Michael Levine's. I wanted a lot of fabrics they had to offer, but I am so close to L.A. I really didn't need to stock up like many of my other sewing blogger friends.

Remember to stay tuned for the GNO Giveaway, tutorials using new Michael Miller Fabric, and a Summer Trends Series!




15 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

So cute - I love the pattern and especially the shorts! I've been looking to make a similar pair. Love it on you!

Sassy T said...

S A S S Y . . . https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

House of Pinheiro said...

Very sassy and summery. Love this

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

Those are so stinking cute and summery! Love love love them.

Lorie ~ Ferndale Lane said...

I absolutely love these!! I need to find a pattern like this. Great fabric!

Justine/ Sew Country Chick said...

Oh my gosh Bethany! These shorts are to die for!

Zoe said...

Love the shorts, they are so retro :)

Jenya Thompson said...

Hot hot hot!

Shirley Ann said...

Those look great! Perfect for summer and what a great fabric too!

Bea W. said...

Great shorts and perfect fit! I love them, great work!!

Michelle said...

These are great! Excellent fit -- and that fabric is delicious!

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Oh, my word! How cute are those?!?! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Marie said...

I love these, how adorable!!!

Sassy T said...

Love this and have posted it on my Sassy Sewing Bee's facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

Gretchen Elizabeth said...

These are so cute! What pattern did you use??