Friday, June 7, 2013

Mormon Prom 2013

I was asked by a lovely and dear young friend, to make her prom dress for Mormon prom. I was really excited, because I have always wanted to make a prom dress. I've done many a alterations on already made prom dresses, but this was my first actual prom dress order! We went down to the Fabric District together, found our fabrics - exactly what she wanted - pearl sequin fabric for the top, mint pongee lining, and ivory chiffon. I am so glad we found what she wanted. Sometimes in certain fabrics, the colors we want don't exist. We got sooo lucky! The process of the dress was tedious, and I had a lot of "make it work" moments. But I completed it just in time, and she was very happy. It was my first time sewing with sequins, I still have so much to learn, so I think I'll take a mini class with my friend Alana.

What do you think?
 Cute, right?

2 comments:

Madalynne said...

I love the color combination. LOVE! I'm curious about the pattern though (what do you expect? lol) how did you draft the pattern? Or did you alter a commercial pattern?

Justine/ Sew Country Chick said...

I love that sea foam green color. the dress is modest AND very pretty on her!