Monday, June 10, 2013

Fabric Weekend 2013: Shopping the District

Shopping was a success for all. We enjoyed a luncheon and a tour from Larry and Regina of Michael Levine fabrics. They had goodie bags waiting for us at our lunch tables, and after lunch we toured the Loft, Home Decor store, the warehouse, and then shopped til we dropped at their fashion fabric store.

A few of my favorite ladies, you might recognize them either from your own blog following or you may have seen their pretty faces all over Pinterest. We are shopping for discounted fabric bundles in Michael Levine's Loft.

Merrick of Merrick's Art

Abby of Sew Much Ado

Leanne of Elle Apparel

Our wonderful "tour guide" Larry from Michael Levine. He and his wife run the place. He ave us a tour of the ware house, where there are bolts upon bolts of gorgeous fabric!

After our tour of the warehouse, we proceeded to shop.
Beautiful sequins! A couple girls bought some, I look forward to see what they make!
I really wanted this designer knitted wool to make a cape jacket, but it wasn't in my budget. Maybe next time. Since I was just at Michael Levine's 2 months ago, I didn't need much, nor did I have much to spend. I. however, happened upon a fabric I could not resist, and at $5 a yard, that's a deal! A coral stretch woven, with white polka dots! So many possibilities!
Top L to R: B&W bundle is a gift from Michael Levine, the black and purple is from the FIDM scholarship store, the polka dots is my purchase from Michael Levine, the blue and black and white rayons are from the loft, and the gadgets are from Golden Sewing.

We wrapped up our day with photos. I wish I had taken more pictures with the other gals. I do miss them so and would have liked to have those memories.
Leanne and me!
And another pair of lovely girls, I so wish I was closer to. Miriam of Mad Mim and Melissa Esplin of Melissa Esplin, I Still Love You

It was such a fun day, and I do truly miss these amazing women. I wish we could shop the district together once a month. It was just a blast to be around people like myself!

Stay tuned for a GNO review, a few things I've sewn with my fabric, and a giveaway!!!! Ya!!!


2 comments:

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

It was such a great day!

Jenni said...

went to my first meet up this year and had a lovely time, so I understand the desire to do that more regularly :o)