Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fabric Weekend 2013: FIDM Tour

I am still recovering from the awesome adventurous weekend I had with the most amazing women I had ever met. For reals, though. I have never met so many talented women, that also posses beauty, class, and fun energetic personalities. They are my sewing sisters. I can truly say that I love them, and enjoyed every moment with them. These women are more beautiful in person. I am so happy to have met them and gain relationships with them.

But, today, I have so much to share with you about my fabulous weekend. I have so much awesome memories I want to store in a bottle and never forget them. My Friday started early, with a morning pick-up from Leanne. We bonded on our drive down to FIDM for a tour. She is sweet, soft spoken, funny, beautiful, committed, and so down to Earth. Then, I met more down to Earth girls. I was so nervous to meet everyone.  There was like 20 of us sewing bloggers invading FIDM.
We are all introducing ourselves
L to R: Justine, Stef, Caila, and Abby

L to R: Abby, Andrea, Marissa, and Jess

L to R: Marissa, Jess, Sabra, and Jen

L to R: Jen, Bev, Melissa, Miriam, Leanne, Merrick and baby F
In the past and the present, I have learned so much from all of these women just from reading their blogs. These are the women I have looked to for the past 3 years, especially learning how to sew with knit fabric and baby/kids crafts.

We saw the sewing room, the knitting loom, where the instructor showed us how to use a modern loom, we saw the fabric area, and some special displays by many big name designers. It was a lot of fun and I learned so much, including the fashion forecast for 2014!

Stay tuned for more posts on my weekend, clothing made from my new fabrics, a tutorial, and a giveaway!

No comments: