Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Sewing Wall - A Work in Progress

Since I will be gone all day having fun with my fellow sewers/designers/bloggers in the lovely fabric district of downtown Los Angeles, I thought I would enlighten you with my new sewing area, and maybe you can give me some tips. I don't have a lot of space to work with. As you see, I have a wall. the majority of my fabric are in bins in the garage...So yeah, in our new place, my sewing area is in our bedroom. Which isn't my ideal spot to sew, but it's what is do able while we are living here.
 
This is where I sew. My sewing table is actually my great Grandmothers vanity that has been passed down. I sold my actual sewing table in order to keep the vanity. The mirror has been removed. 
 
This vintage mini kitchen buffet cabinet belonged to my step Grandma. She just didn't want it anymore. Inside the cabinets it holds current projects and "to - do's". In the drawer is where I keep my drawing and pattern drafting supplies. On top is my organized boxes of bias tape, zippers, and elastic. The filer will sometimes hold what I am currently working on. 
 
My thread shelf is amazing. I am very proud of it. Below is my Pantone color chart, and on the other wall is the beginnings of an "inspiration board".
 

So friends, as you can see - I literally have one wall. It works fine for me, but can get crammed quickly. I do want to liven up the organizing pieces I have. Like paint the cabinet and the filer. Should I paint my great Grandma's vanity? I've debated it for years! Please leave me some feedback. Opinions are helpful, so is praise (wink, wink).

1 comment:

Elisha said...

if you paint anything at all, I'd go with the buffet as opposed to the vanity. I have just a little space in our bedroom, too...I should watch and see what suggestions people give you, because I don't have any!