Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Me Made May Day 26, 27, 28, and 29

These last 3 days I have changed into 7 different handmade outfits, only to post 3 of them because of wardrobe malfunctions, stains out of nowhere, and forgetting to bring a camera. So what I have for you is the skirt I changed into after church on Sunday, because my church dress was having a faulty zipper. I really need to switch it out, and I keep forgetting. So this is my easy skirt, I wear for comfort. I made 2 maxi skirts for clients out of this fabric I bought at Michael Levine's in Downtown L.A., I bought a little extra for myself so I could mess with it.
Day 26
 I'm wearing a nude colored top under my sheer chiffon blouse.



This dress has already been through the ringer before a picture was even taken. This is Memorial Day. I was obviously going for a 40's look, but instead I look like a hazard mess. Cutting peaches and straining berries left a few stains, and I ripped the arm hole on the handle of the sliding glass door. Don't ask me how, it's a weird explanation. But I was so bummed, because this is my favorite Summer dress. I made it for Sew Weekly last Summer for our sports theme. It is so lightweight and comfortable.
Day 27


On Tuesday, I wore my H&M recreation. It was so hot out! I don't know what I was thinking. The top is a boys button down that I added darts to and made a denim skirt, attached the two together and wahla, it became a dress! Tutorial here
Day 28

And today, I wore my Ikat chiffon skirt. I love this skirt and I love wearing chiffon. It's so weird, I think I am more inspired by chiffon fabric more than anything else. It's the flow I suppose. And I paired it with my cut off Edge shirt, that I typically wear for work outs, but wore it to the pool today instead. I feel disgusting. It's time for a shower. How white trash are these pictures. It was a long day, dealing with whining.
Day 29



Showing the elastic waistband.


Seriously, I am really short. My 3 year old is more than half my height.



1 comment:

Sassy T said...

Lol am really short. Better things in small parcels as they say.