Friday, May 10, 2013

Me Made May Day 10: The Gatsby Challenge

I have been wanting to complete a Gatsby Challenge so badly. In the past, I never really followed through, because I wanted to truly love what I made. I wanted to be able to wear it again, and not just to show once to say I made it. The Great Gatsby is my favorite fiction novel. I don't have very many of those. I don't really like to read fiction. So this really meant something to me.

I found this fabric at the Michael Levine Loft. So cheap! I also knew I wanted to save this fabric for something special. This was it!

I used McCall 6551, and added sleeves and a sash.
I'm also sporting my new sequin clutch that I got off of Brickyard Buffalo

I feel like I got the shape down, it works for my already boyish figure, and it's wearable again.

Not to mention, The Great Gatsby was a fabulous movie. Go see it.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Justine/ Sew Country Chick said...

Wow bethany. this is twenties but still very current looking. you have the perfect twenties waifish look by the way. I saw you getting your hair done on Instagram. It looks perfect!

charlotte said...

wonderful, suits you so much, looks just as fashionable now. did you make it from a pattern?

Sarah said...

great colours, really suits you, and yes very wearable to many occasions. great stuff :) ..cant wait to see the Gatttsbyy!!

Debi said...

You look like you just stepped out of the great Gatsby movie! Love the dress...and the hair is just perfect too!!

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!! This is the perfect Gatsby inspired look!

HandJ Cobb said...

This dress is AMAZING! I can't believe how professional it looks, I would never in a million years guessed that you made it, I would totally buy it off the rack. Gorgeous work!

www.domesticblisssquared.com

Sassy T said...

Absolutely stunning https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees