Saturday, May 4, 2013

Me Made May 2013 Day 4: Anniversary Weekend Part I



This weekend marks our 7 year wedding anniversary. We decided to celebrate by taking the Metro to Historical Union Station in downtown Los Angeles and walk through Historical Olvera Street. We bought some fun things made in Mexico.
Husband, looking at Luche Libre Masks

Marionettes 

Bags

I wore my tribal romper. It's a rayon gauze fabric. I'm making one just like it for my friend. She will look so smokin' in it!
pin it button:


pin it button:

pin it button:

We had a lot of fun today. Seeing all of the beautiful craftsmanship. We also went to the Mexican American Museum of Los Angeles. It was very informative and educational. M.E. had a blast playing dress up in the communion dresses in the children's wing of the museum.
Historical Mexican Women's Dresses

Historical Women's bodice's 

Historical sewing machine and dress form of the industrious working Mexican women.

me-made-may'13

2 comments:

Gentri said...

How awesome!! :D What a fun trip, I loooove your romper!

Taylor Hart said...

I adore your romper!
xo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/