Saturday, May 25, 2013

Me Made May 2013: Accidents Happen, and So Does Disneyland

Sad news. Out of this whole last week, I only have 2 Me Made May outfits to show you. Why you ask? Because husband deleted the pictures in between last Tuesday and today, by accident. I was sad, but I didn't get mad at him or blame him. I know he has a lot on his plate right now. So I just remained calm.

This last Tuesday, we went to Disneyland because my Grandma was in town visiting. Disneyland is what she wanted to do. So we went. I took this opportunity to wear my just made leggings with the material I bought at Michael Levine Loft and my newly purchased Hello sweatshirt from Hello Apparel. They are a U.S. based company, and I give them my full support. Check them out. Also, the leggings tutorial I used is by Miranda from One Little Minute. She has a great series on all stretch fabrics. I learned so much I didn't know. Now I feel more comfortable sewing with stretch fabrics. 


Husband thought we were only taking pictures of my sweatshirt, so no close ups of my leggings from his camera. Only a full shot from my iPhone.
Full legging shot, in front of Small World

Me and Grandma! On King Arthur's Carousel.

Our little family waiting for the Mark Twain.

Today's Outfit:
I made the blouse from a vintage 1930's McCalls pattern.



I am as short as I look......



2 comments:

fearsome5 said...

I love that blouse! and those leggings! you look great! it seems like EVERYONE is going to disney! so jealous!

Miriam said...

That blouse!! I absolutely love that pleating detail, it's very similar to something I pinned forever ago and have been trying to find a pattern that would work! Lovely. And those leggings are rad, I too just made some leggings from Miranda's tutorial! So happy to have found your blog, and am excited to meet you this week!