Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fabric Weekend 2013/ Girls Night Out 2013

I have been invited by Leanne from Elle Apparel and leannebarlow.com and Justine from Sew Country Chick to join Fabric Weekend 2013 Los Angeles. I have never been able to join a bloggers meetup, but since I quit my job I am more available - as long as I have a sitter. Anyways, I am so excited to be a part of this. I will be meeting some of my favorite bloggers that have truly taught me a thing or two from their own tutorials. I now have to talk myself out of feeling insecure around these amazing and talented women.

Though I have had this blog for 3 years, I know it's not very popular. But, in a way, I don't want it to be. I am very content with just posting what I do even if a soul doesn't read it. This blog isn't my job, like other's out there. I don't want it to be my job. So being invited to this meet up is such an honor. I feel like after all this time I have finally accomplished something all thanks to Sew Weekly and making blogging friends through the internet, being invited to a meet up. This is great!

I am only going Friday, for the FIDM tour and fabric shopping, lunch at Michael Levine (one of my favorite stores). This is going to be so fun and I look forward to meeting the other rad bloggers. I'll keep you updated on what we did. I promise.

4 comments:

Deby Coles said...

That is going to be amazing - I'm very envious. I'd love to go to LA and shop for fabric until I passed out. Have a wonderful time - oh, and I read your blog and love it.
Keep up the good work.

Deby @ So-Sew-Easy.com

fearsome5 said...

fun fun fun! can not wait to hear about it! I love seeing what you made! you were always one of my favorites from Sew Weekly

Jill said...

When is this? I'm an LA blogger, too! Plus, there are a few others I know that might be interested...

christina said...

i am so excited to meet you:) i too feel honored to have been included!