Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fabric Weekend 2013 and GNO Handmade Fashions


So I have my outfits all laid out on what I want to wear for Fabric Weekend 2013 and Girls Night Out. At first I wasn't sure if I would be able to attend GNO, but thankfully I made it just in time, like so last minute just in time. But I am really excited for this. There are a lot of things I won't be able to participate in, because of my late joining, but I still get to meet up with all these lovely ladies:
And many more! Head on over to their blogs and check them out!

I made a pair of Harem Pants from Simplicity 1887, but I took it in at the hips and thighs about an inch and a half, and did a thick elastic waistband. I bought this fabric on a fluke trip to Walmart. I heard they were carrying gluten free food, so I headed over to check it out, noticed they had a fabric section and was completely surprised by some of the fabrics they carried.

I finally finished my self drafted blouse, crop top, maxi skirt, and under slip. I am not sure if I am going to wear them together this weekend. I might pair the blouse with the harem pants. I made an under slip to wear under my sheer maxi skirt, and a crop top to wear under my sheer chiffon blouse. It's actually not a crop top on me, but it would be on any other woman. So none of my tummy will be showing. It meets the elastic of my skirt and my harem pants. The chiffon was purchased at Michael Levine Loft. I love that place.


It's going to be 80 degrees in downtown L.A. this weekend, so I plan on wearing the skirt on Friday, and the harem pants Saturday night. I am really looking forward to this, and am really excited. I also feel honored to be classified as talented enough to be among these women. My blog isn't as popular as theirs and I am totally content with that. But this is an opportunity I couldn't say no to. 



1 comment:

Justine/ Sew Country Chick said...

I can't wist to see those pants!