Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easter Week One

Since Easter is early this year, I decided to take this boring month of March, and spice it up a little with Easter/ St. Patricks Day theme posts. In actuality, the month of March is super busy for us. Unexpectedly busy. I have many sewing orders to complete by the end of the month, my daughter's birthday towards the end of the month, we are moving the last Saturday in March, and then the next day is Easter. So, I'm sewing, packing, planning, working, and putting together a garage sale. Busy, busy, busy.

Today I will be showing you how to blow out eggs. I know this may sound strange, but it's a tradition I grew up doing with my Grandma. All you need is some chicken eggs, I used Easter chicken eggs (the naturally colored ones) but you can use white, and paint them or dye them using natural dyes.

What you need is: a toothpick or something sharp to poke a hole at each end of the egg without cracking it, a bowl, your lungs.
My Easter Eggs from Apricot Lane Farms

Poke a hole at each end of your egg, big enough to blow out the yolk and whites, but not too big.

Now, the fun part.....Wipe the top of the egg clean, then press your lips to it and blow. It can take awhile, so be patient and take your time.

 
First egg blowing completed! After I blew out all the eggs I wanted, I saved the insides for scrambled eggs the next morning. Nothing went to waste.


My Easter eggs are ready to debut as Easter decor.


No comments: