Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day: My Little Love

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! Have I got a post for you. Probably the best one of the week. Today, my Valentine is my daughter. My husband has work and school today from 8AM to 11PM. We are celebrating our Valentine's date tomorrow night. No worries, I'll still share. I have some plans up my sleeve!

 I had been in the process of making my daughter a lovely Valentine's dress and gift. So on Valentine's morning, I made her "Nanny oatmeal",which is Irish oatmeal, with frozen raspberries, orange juice, and bacon. Next to her breakfast I placed her Valentine Mailbox, which held her presents - candy and her handmade Matryoshka doll. I bought this pattern at a garage sale for 1 cent. It's an old Mattel pattern. M.E. named her new doll "Livvy" 

Then I told M.E, I made her a dress, and asked her if she wanted to wear it and let me take pictures of her in it. I showed her the dress, and she said, "Ohhh! It's a princess dress, like Snow White!" Cute lil' girl of mine. I love her so.




I am in love with my daughter wearing a long dress. I was even brave and mixed prints! It is just so cute. Not super practical, with as much activity a toddler can produce. But it is fun to wear and pretend to be a princess in or wear to church.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Remember to enter in my Giveaway! You only have 4 days left, and we need more competitors for someone to win!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Soooo cute!

jadre said...

You made lovely dress, and you have cute little girl. She is princess.

Meg the Grand said...

What a lovely dress! The mixed prints work perfectly together, and she definitely looks like a princess :) Well done!