Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness - Pinterest Workouts

I know I didn't finish the Pinterest Challenge for the month. I had planned on it, but was called away on business to Chicago at the end of the month. But I do have planned for the month of October in awareness of breast cancer, that I attempt a new workout each week that I have pinned to my Mommy Makeover Pinterest Board.

I see a lot of the people I follow on Pinterest, pin workouts, and admittedly I pin them too. But do we actually do them? I confess I have tried a few of them, but didn't consistently stick with it when life got in the way.

Since October happens to be Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought it would be great to focus on the health of our bodies, and be aware of anything unusual. If we take the time to work out, study ourselves in the mirror, and eat veggies galore, we can feel better about doing what we should be to avoid our chances at cancer.
This week I will be attempting a workout for thinner thighs by She Knows
Ballet First Position (also called pliƩ)
It's mostly ballet moves, which I love and know ballet works the bod big time.

And this 5 minute work out for the waistline by Shape
Three-Way Plank 

I do hope you will take this journey with me.

This challenge is dedicated to my Grandma Margaret, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

2 comments:

Heather K. said...

Bethany, I'm sorry about your Grandma. My mom just finished treats a little over a month ago and looking back it's all a blur... She's doing well now, growing her hair back and "catching up."

But anyways, thanks for the boost in the pinterest gut. I can say that I've never pinned any "fitness" stuff, but I always pin healthy eating. You may have given me my new goal.

sincerely,
Heather
{www.heatheringheights.com}

Heather K. said...

oops, I meant to say "treatments," definitely NOT treats. :)