Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blue

A couple weeks ago, our Sew Weekly challenge was to make something blue. I had actually made this skirt in August, and have worn it several times. But I was able to use it for my blue challenge. Read on my friends.


The New Love Maxi


The Facts:
Fabric: Ikat print Chiffon $2.00 and Crepe de Chine lining $3.99
Pattern:  Self Drafted
Year: Now
Notions: Elastic from stash
Time to Complete: 2 Hours
First Worn: August 2012
Wear Again: All the time
Total Price: $5.99
I bought these fabrics back in May. The chiffon was on clearance and I had to have it. I had to have a maxi skirt made from it. A maxi skirt with a shorter lining underneath. I was excited all summer to make this skirt idea, But found I didn’t have time. When I saw we had a blue challenge coming up, I actually made my skirt right away. I was so excited, I just couldn’t wait.
I love the sheerness below the knees. I love the wide elastic waist. I just love this skirt all around. It was easy to make. I sewed my ends together, gather stitched it to my elastic, and serged my hem. Just quick and easy. Exactly what I needed at the time. Something easy to take my mind off of things.
Quick post today friends. I’m getting ready for a business trip to Chicago(ya! Chicago Bridal Market!), so you won’t see me next week. I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Everything looks great on you! I bought some similar Ikat fabric in downtown LA but in red. I love that fabric!