Monday, July 2, 2012

That's What Friends Are For

First shoot: 16 years

A little over 10 years ago, I met Brig Van Osten through a mutual friend. I was in high school and only 16 years old. She took me under her wing and gave me the raddest hair a teenage girl could ask for. Not only that, but she loved my look enough to use me several times for photo shoots and hair shows. And I used to do fashion illustrations for her.


Second Shoot: 17 years

Brig is honestly one of the coolest people I know. She is genuine and does not apologize for who she is. She doesn't have to. She is naturally awesome.


Third Shoot: 18 years

If you don't know who Brig Van Osten is, then it's time you find out. Did you ever watch Shear Genius on Bravo? Well, Brig was the winner of Season 3. The girl has talent, focus and strategy. I give her total props for just being herself. She also has her own salon called P!ay Hair Lounge.


Forth Shoot: 20 Years

Recently, Brig contacted me to do another illustration for her. I am a little rusty since I don't have the time I used to since having a baby. But, I threw caution to the wind and said I would do it. I had a choice, but I really needed a challenge at that time. I needed a push. Brig was my motivation.


Fifth Shoot: 24 Years

She needed an illustration of herself as a hamburger. Your probably thinking "What?", I just laughed. It didn't surprise me at all. Brig has started a blog about her go at eating healthy food and enjoying burgers every so often. She shares her attempts at the tasteless healthy food and then tells you about the latest burger she devoured. I love it! This blog is so Brig. So I drew an illustration of Brig as a cheeseburger.

Sixth Shoot: 26 years


Brig is a great and helpful friend. She knows me so well, and knows what my passions are. She was so  generous to me and gave me a ton of Bumble & Bumble hair products and WWD (Women's Wear Daily) paper. She knows and understands that I don't get to take care of my hair as much as I used to when I was single and didn't have to share my earnings. She also knows that I had to cut back on the fashion magazine worships to buy baby clothes and diapers. Oh the sacrifices and the rewards.


Burger Brig!

WWD

Bumble & Bumble


I have a great and generous friend in Brig, and I will always cherish her. Get hair tips and other fun adventures here.
3 weeks after giving birth, just in time for Brig's Grand Celebration!


1 comment:

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Wow Nan! You are so fierce! I may have to check Brig out since we are not too far from one another. I think my 16 year old will dig her. I'm too boring to do something like that!