Thursday, April 26, 2012

What I Wore: A Re-fashioned Top and Color Blocking

I've had this yellow top hanging in my closet for some time. I wore it once, felt frumpy, never wore it again, and intended on taking it in. Well I did more than take it in. I also folded the cowl neck over to give it a more couture neckline and took the tie belt, made it into a bow and sewed it over the seamed neckline.  
I also paired it with my red skinny denim and blue peep-toe pumps. In the end I color blocked with primary colors and felt good in what I was wearing.

Top: Target Clearance $5.98
Red Skinny Denim: Forever 21 $24.95
Pumps: Qupid $19.99

2 comments:

Rania Kelesidou said...

You did a great job with the blouse, it looks lovely!

Cassie Stephens said...

I have been dying to get my mitts on a canary yellow blouse and what you did here is just genius! I love it so much better...need to hit my Target clearance rack! Thank you for sharing this!