Tuesday, March 27, 2012

M.E.'s 2nd Birthday & a Vintage Style Dress

Well, I am back. And for good. I took that needed hiatus to focus on my daughter and her birthday. I was determined to make her a birthday dress and am so glad I did. I used a 1940's vintage pattern and fabric from the Little Lizette collection found at Joann Fabrics. I trimmed the bodice with a bright yellow rick rack. I wouldn't change a thing!
We went with a butterfly theme with some retro decor and food. Marshmallow poles in a depression glass lemonade pitcher, and Red Vines in big mason jars. I bought the popcorn packs at Costco and piled them into a plastic popcorn container. Served orange and strawberry wafer cookies on silver looking trays. I did serve vegetables too, but they apparently weren't important enough to be in the picture. I made punch and my step mom made cucumber mint water(way good BTW) and served canned Izze's from Costco.

We played with bubbles! It was a hit with the kiddo's

M.E. playing with bubbles in her handmade ice cream dress.

Blowing bubbles with Uncle Ryan

Happy Birthday M.E.!

Opening presents!

Wearing some of her presents.

Blowing out her candles! The big 2!
We had a blast, and M.E. enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoyed seeing her happy. I am so proud of my 2 year old, and very proud of myself for tackling a very hard dress made from a very old pattern.

No comments: