Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mad Men Challenge and My New Fave Dress

I participated in another Sew Weekly challenge this week, and it had to do with Man Men fashion. I am only in the beginning episodes of Season 4. I knew i had so many outfits to choose from. I could not just choose one. I decided to channel all the Mad Men leading ladies for this challenge and this is what I came up with.
I know I have been MIA for a couple weeks. I have been planning my daughter’s birthday and making her a new dress. Been quite busy. I of course couldn’t miss the Mad Men challenge. Those leading ladies have some “mad’ style. I really wanted to capture all three of the main women in Mad Men for this shoot and dress. The keys on the fabric of the dress is to represent each female character’s heart. They have all suffered through trials that either make them stronger or lead them to make life changing decisions. There is a way to unlock each heart if she will let you. I wanted to portray Peggy’s strength through loss, Joan’s ability to redeem her reputation, and Betty’s denial of fault or blame. The tight sheath of this dress is to represent Joan, The fabulous bow is totally Peggy’s style, and well, Betty is the one that needs her heart unlocked the most. I have only just started season 4 on Netflix, so I am not all the way caught up. But I am invested. I hope for Peggy to find love. I hope for Betty to resolve her issues. I hope for Joan to be successful in her talents. 
I wish I had pictures from the fashion show this year, but forgot my camera in the car. For those of you who have not heard of Stop Staring! My friend, Alicia Estrada is the designer. Alicia and I met back in June 2011 at the Gwen Stefani Tea Party. She has a fabulous collection of retro and pinup style clothing dating from the 1930′s to the 1960′s. Her entire company is run by her and her sisters, Eva, Mona, Sarah, and Nyleen. I love her designs and I love the Estrada family. 

2 comments:

House of Pinheiro said...

this dress is stunning on you xx

Lil' Bit and Nan said...

Thank you, thank you!