Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Red Velvet Valentine's Cupcakes: Gluten Free

I know I don't post food on here, nor do I talk about having to eat gluten free. But, this is the craft my daughter and I did today and I wanted to share it with my readers. Absolutely delicious by the way. This recipe can be altered for non gluten free eaters by simply buying a box of regular chocolate cake mix.

 1 box GF Chocolate cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
2 drops of red food coloring
3/4 cup boiling hot water
 2 eggs
 1/3 cup vegetable oil

 Bring your water to a boil in the microwave, aprox. 1 1/2 minutes. Mix hot water, cake mix, and food coloring in a medium boil. Mix for 30 sec on a medium speed. Then add eggs and oil. Mix again until smooth. Pour into cake liners or an oiled muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 min. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick. I had to put mine in again for 5 more minutes. Every oven is different. Let cool then frost as desired. Enjoy!                                      
                                                                       Happy Valentine's Day!
My daughter made me that cute heart card with the help of Nanny Linda of course.

No comments: