I have been wanting to make a blouse for the longest time. I have a hard time fitting into blouses properly and desperately needed one for work. Lucky for me, the latest Sew Weekly challenge was to work with buttons. Perfect! The right timing to start on my blouse. Except that meant I had to actually sew on buttons and make button holes to be able to have a blouse. Well, I whipped out my machine manual and taught myself how to use the button hole maker. SO EASY! Please try this, especially if you have the Anna by Baby Lock. The hard part to this blouse was the collar, but it's not bad looking. I would so wear this blouse again and again.
It makes me feel feminine and empowered. I used a vintage McCall's pattern 9718 circa 1938, at least that's the only date I found on the disintegrating package. This pattern calls for an elastic waistband, which I did do. It makes my blouse stay in place. I do have to wear high waist pants and skirts with it, but I like it that way. I do plan on making more blouses in the future.