Monday, December 12, 2011

The Tree Skirt That Became an Apron

The Hubs and I put our Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. But we were short a tree skirt. I thought I would be adventurous and tackle a handmade tree skirt. I went and bought fabric, Christmas fabric of course. I was so excited to start on this new adventure. But, alas, I made it too small for the tree. I had to take the whole thing a part and figure out what to do with the pretty fabric I didn't want to go to waste. Since I had a Christmas apron of my own, I thought how special it would be if our daughter had an apron to match Mommy. How do you think it turned out?

Front

Back

Close-up
Pretty cute huh? I could totally reuse this method and make a little sundress for her this coming Summer. I can even do a tutorial for all my readers as well. I of course ended up buying a tree skirt for $30.

1 comment: