Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gift Idea #2: Mod Podge Coasters!


This is a nice gift idea for those who love super cute and original home necessities. I had this super small scrap fabric that I didn't know what to do with, but just thought it was so beautiful. I decided I had to do something useful. What's more useful than coasters? Who doesn't love coasters? Any-hoo, you want to learn how to make some? Click "read more"

The materials you will need are any amount of plain tiles (super cheap at hardware stores) you desire, felt in any color you desire (I chose brown) cut the same size as your tiles, fabric cut the same size as your tiles, mod podge, a sponge brush, fabric glue, and gloss sealer spray.


Step 1: Take your fabric glue and glue your felt pieces to the back of your tiles and let dry for an hour.


Step 2: Dip your sponge brush into the mod podge and and spread it on the top of your tiles, then place your fabric securely on top of the mod podged tile. Let dry for 15 minutes.


Step 3: Now it's time to spread mod podge over the fabric that is already stuck to your tile. Let that dry for a couple hours.

This is what it will look like after the top coat of mod podge has dried.

Step 4: Once the top coat has dried, spray your tiles with a gloss sealer, follow directions on label. Let that settle for 1 to 3 hours.

Step 5: Enjoy or gift!

1 comment:

The Olsens said...

I have made these with paper and photos but not fabric. I like that idea. It would add some fun texture. Everyone I have given them to loves them. Great how to!