Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Featuring......

Berti Lou Baby by my dear friend Holly. These are gorgeous hand made baby slings. Holly finds such beautiful fabrics and vintage details at places you would never guess.


M.E. and I were the baby sling models for Berti Lou Baby, and since I wore them for a good amount of time, I can tell you how amazing they are. These slings are comfortable, easy, and can be the lovely accessory to you and your baby's outfit! I have the moby, it gets annoying and I always need assistance putting it on. With the sling, I can do it myself! Hooray! Not to mention, I am a very petite little lady - I'm talking 5'2 and 90 lbs petite. Carrying a 16 lb baby around a not so baby proofed house, gets heavy and tiring. I was very comfortable carrying M.E. in Holly's slings. It started to feel so natural.


And there are many ways to hold your baby in the ring sling!

Words from the designer: 

WHY A RING SLING?
1.Sling babies cry less.
2.Sling babies learn more.
3.Sling babies are more organized.
4.Sling babies get "humanized" earlier.
5.Sling babies are smarter.
6.Convenient
7.Adjustable 
8.Freedom

There are numerous websites with instructions and tips on baby-wearing.
For more information on the benefits of baby-wearing, please go to: www.askdrsears.com/html/5/T051100.asp

If you are interested in purchasing or requesting a custom baby sling you can contact Holly on her Etsy page: www.bertiloubaby.etsy.com or her email: bertiloubaby@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish they had these when I had my kids. They were chubbers and got very heavy very early in their lives. I must add that both my children are now very thin and tall. So fat babies do not make fat adults. Thanks for the info on the sling. I guess I will use it for my grandchildren...