Saturday, October 23, 2010

Family Fall Fun! And The Pillowcase Dress


Our little family has access to an amazing photographer, Matt Grashaw. We decided to take advantage of his offering to do family pictures. We really wanted to do Halloween/Fall type photos at one of the many pumpkin farms in our Ventura County area. I so badly wanted to make M.E.'s dress for this opportunity and for the fact that Halloween falls a Sunday this year and thought that a cute festive Halloween dress would be appropriately cute for church. So I headed on over to Prudent Baby for the pillowcase dress tutorial, found some Halloween fabric in the left over bundles at half off at our local fabric store and grabbed my bright green ruffle!

My daughter is 7 months old, so I revised the measurements to her size. I made mine with a bottom panel, so I have a lot of measurements going on in this photo. Click on the picture to enlarge.


So the detail of the dress is orange with black polka dots, a black panel with gray squiggles at the bottom of the dress, bright green ruffle trim in between panel and dress, black rick-rack across the neckline, black ribbon through the neckline, and black bias tape around the arm holes.

So be sure to get this tutorial at Prudent Baby!

2 comments:

racheyroy said...

so cute and such a good idea? are you still doing all of this by hand? and i love love love her headband! I love cute headbands that are not ginormous flowers bigger then her head....thats all i can find here....

Lil' Bit and Nan said...

Thankfully, I now have a sewing machine. I agree with you on the big ugly headbands. I am gonna message you some good sites to check out.